[TriEmbed] Mouser goes above and beyond

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Jul 9 13:47:04 CDT 2015

Just an anecdote to suggest that Mouser knows how to demonstrate
electronic device packaging. I wish I had a photo, but I don't. You'll
just have to imagine a cardboard box, and inside that box an antistatic
bag, and in that bag a whole bunch of other bags having one or 100
individual components. Except for one other thing: A 2" diameter, 6"
long sausage of bubble wrap with a 2"x5" emergency orange and black
"FRAGILE" sticker. Inside the bubble wrap was a plastic bag all wrapped
up. Inside the plastic bag was a 15 watt ceramic power resistor that
could level a very heavy piece of furniture in a pinch without suffering
any damage. I want to believe there was a person at Mouser who was
dancing from one foot to the other while his/her side kicks laughed
their heads off as the power resistor was packed as if the shipper was
going to just kick it out of a plane in the hopes it would come down
from 35000 feet and straight into my chimney,  bouncing many times, but
coming to rest without harm.