[TriEmbed] Acrylic Bending

Adam Haile email at adamhaile.net
Thu Jul 9 07:43:17 CDT 2015

I know I've talked to someone here about this before... does anyone have to
tools and skill to custom bend acrylic? I know you generally just do it
with some NiChrome wire, but I'm sure there's a bit of an art to it and I
vaguely remember something about having to anneal it afterward? Either way,
I'd rather find someone who knows what they are doing.

My wife would like some clear/white acrylic display stands to put on some
existing shelves so she can have multiple display levels on the same main
shelf. We've looked around and they to make things like what she wants, but
they are all either exorbitantly expensive or not the right size.
Basically, what she needs is something about 3" high, 4" deep, and 30"
wide. Those aren't the exact dimensions, and the width could be split up if
need be. Anyone here thing that would be doable?