[TriEmbed] Opinion and spare junk

Sofie Permana shperman at ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 2 14:09:20 CDT 2015

I am also in the market of soldering iron/station. I heard good things
about xtronic brand (eyeing this
http://www.amazon.com/X-TRONIC-MODEL-4040-Soldering-MAGNIFYING/dp/B003TC8EQS)
and OKI-Metcal induction soldering iron (
http://www.okinternational.com/metcal/english/globalnavigation/products/hand-soldering-systems).
Have
anyone heard/have any thoughts about this? I have used induction solder in
one of NCSU lab and it was a breeze to use for soldering small SMD
components.