[TriEmbed] Interesting contest to enter from Embedded Computing magazine if you feel challenged

Charles McClelland chip at mcclellands.org
Wed Jan 21 20:24:15 CST 2015

Scott and all,

Whoa, Mind = Blown!  A configurable logic chip for about $1?

I am thinking about trying this out.  Please let me know if this idea is stupid:

On of the things that Allen and I have been talking about is how to tell the difference between different users of the Raleigh Greenway Trails.  We could track a runner with a PIR sensor, a walker with a sensor under an 18” cable guide on the trail and a bike by using a second sensor a foot or two away.  What if I used these chips to build a (wait for it - fancy term coming) state machine?

The idea would be to let the Arduino sleep and then use these nifty chips to do some logic so when the Arduino is awakened by the interrupt pin, it only had to read the state machine, record the time / date of the event and go back to sleep.

Here are the states:
	- Runner - PIR sensor AND NOT Cable Guide
	- Walker - PIR AND Cable Guide
	- Biker - PIR AND Cable Guide AND second pneumatic tube within + or -0.1 sec of each other

Then, once the state is loaded, the event recorded, the Arduino clears the state machine and we wait for the next event?

Does this sound like a reasonable idea?

Thanks,

Chip

Charles McClelland