[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 20, Issue 11

Glen Smith mrglenasmith at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 21:50:01 CST 2015

I never liked the whole AC power factor thing and phase shifting of
inductive and capacitive loads, the whole thing irritated me. Give me
digital signals any day. But given the specifics (a water heater) of the
application in question - That ginormous resistive heating element is going
to dominate the load - I suppose there might be a VERY small power supply
if its a right fancy water heater with a micro controller, but water
heaters are generally pretty simple. On the other hand, when I replaced
mine over Thanksgiving, I did see that I had the option of getting one with
WiFi!

Good point if you wanted to use the same type of circuitry on the HVAC
system though.

Glen