[TriEmbed] SplatSpace and Adding Analog Inputs to Raspberry Pi

Shane Trent shanedtrent at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 08:15:19 CST 2015

This past Thursday I finally made it out to a Raspberry Pi Meetup at
SplatSpace! There was plenty of great discuss about the Pi and projects and
engineering in general. I enjoyed the meeting and plan to go back.

One of the items that came up was adding analog inputs to the Raspberry Pi
vis SPI or I2C. I said that I would look up and share information about a
recommended chip. It turns out that Adafruit has a great page for just this
application using an 8-channel, 10-bit A/D Converter, over SPI, the
MCP3008. Here is the link!

https://learn.adafruit.com/reading-a-analog-in-and-controlling-audio-volume-with-the-raspberry-pi

The chip is $3.75 at Adafruit but shipping is pricey if you order just one
but a group buy would make it more reasonable. Anyone have a tube of these
or something similar setting around gathering dust?

Shane

--
A blog about some of my projects.  http://fettricks.blogspot.com/