[TriEmbed] wireless device

jonjwolfe at anibit.com jonjwolfe at anibit.com
Wed Dec 30 09:50:41 CST 2015

Slight correction on my part, I was thinking of the "EMW3162" not the
"EMW3165". That's what I get for trying to reply and google what I can't
remember all from my phone.

The 3162 is very similar, except it runs a Cortex M3 @ 120MHz, and has
only 1MB of external flash.

Interestingly, the 3162 is slightly more expensive ($10), vs $8 for the
3165. The 3162 has a slightly more DIY friendly footprint though. The
3162 also has a connector for an external antenna, which seemed to help
a bit in my limited testing.

It is the 3162, not the 3165 that I have personally debugged with the
Broadcom Wifi sdk....

I actually did a blog post earlier this year with a mini-review of the
3162, so you'd think I would have remembered it more:

http://www.bytecruft.com/2015/04/prototyping-with-emw3162-iot-devices.html

One thing to note is the annoying 2.0mm pitch on the connectors, REALLY
a pain to source headers for. I made an adapter board for it here:
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/opehJKc7  (The links in my blog
entry are dead, I need to update them).