[TriEmbed] Learning Curve

Christopher Svec christophersvec at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 15:14:44 CDT 2015

There are two types of people in the world: those who think there are two types of people in the world, and those who don't. :-)
I used "maker" vs "engineer" as if they were two mutually exclusive ecosystems, but really I think the "maker" vs "engineer" distinction is just two very fuzzy regions on a spectrum, with all sorts of different tradeoffs between them.

I love the question of how to go from Arduino to "lower level" embedded stuff, without a stop at an engineering degree along the way.
This free edX course covers some of the "engineering" side: https://www.edx.org/course/embedded-systems-shape-world-utaustinx-ut-6-02x
But aside from that I don't know of any prepackaged resources. I hope other people do!

I've considered putting together an "Embedded Software Engineering 101" type of class, but wasn't sure if there was any audience for such a thing.
Thoughts?