[TriEmbed] Anybody doing offline builds of mbed?

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Apr 15 13:08:51 CDT 2015

Speaking of focus, I'd love to be able to just use the mbed runtime/rtos
environment, overcome or route around its warts and leverage the fact
that it has an Apache license and appears to support a broad range of
low power ARM chips.

To this end I'm curious if anybody is building/using mbed with gcc and
friends? That is, building it "offline"? Am I silly to use mbed, because
it's just a ploy to make me realize I can't go down that road very far
before coughing up a kilobuck or two and sending it to Keil (a division
of ARM, which is behind mbed)?

But also, is mbed OK, say for its best-supported dev board, or is it a
chaotic mess of unqualified source code mutations that is not
converging? Can folks just put back changes to the mbed source without
any determination about how much it might hose things up? What's the
best list or forum to hang out on to develop perspective about mbed
(e.g. how its rtos rates) so I don't jump to conclusions based on a tiny
number of samples?