[TriEmbed] ATMEGA 1284p "Mighty Mini"

Alex Davis alexd at matrixwide.com
Thu Apr 9 12:19:50 CDT 2015

Martin,

there's nothing on-board which should cause an issue with power-saving.
There is no FTDI chip, a only 5-pin header to attach to an external
USB-to-serial adapter. Some people might prefer an 8 MHz crystal vs. 16
MHz, but you can always set the fuse bits to use the internal RC
oscillator and get 8 MHz. There's an amber LED on the SCK line with a 1K
resistor to ground. That would only matter if you left it high and went
to sleep. You can easily remove it with a soldering iron if you want.

I will be bringing my board to the next meeting. It's a cool board - my
thanks to Jack Christensen for sharing it on OSHPark. I can talk about
the aspect of soldering the SMT parts. It's actually much easier than
through-hole once you do a few.

Message: 1