[TriEmbed] Raspberry Pi 2 rocks...

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 14:06:12 CDT 2015

Kyle,

Off the cuff I would say any stereo cable would work. Like an extension
headphone cable. All audio connectors of this type have a at least  a tip,
rings and sleeve. The sleeve is always the ground and the other would be
left and right channels. In the case of an RPi the tip is the microphone
and the ring is video and the sleeve is the ground for both.

Carl

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Kyle Thorson <kthorson at pobox.com> wrote:

> I ran across that URL as well.  That is the best explanation I have come
> across. I verified that my cable has ground wired to the ring at the
> sleeve.  The RPi2 requires video to be wired at the sleeve and ground as
> the next ring.  I was hoping someone might know where to find a cable that
> is wired the correct way for the Pi.  Is the RPi2's layout a UK thing? I
> may just make my own cable, but I didn't want to mess with that if I could
> help it.
>
> Kyle
>
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 11:05 AM, Rodney Radford <ncgadgetry at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Kyle, this article describes the correct pinout for that cable:
>>

>> http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2014/07/raspberry-pi-model-b-3-5mm-audiovideo-jack/
>>
>> Not all 4-wire to RCA cables are wired the same way as there is no
>> standard for this cable.
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Kyle Thorson <kthorson at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How any of you are playing with the Pi?  I just picked up a RPi2 and
>>> need to find a working composite cable for it.  The one I have on hand
>>> isn't wired the same way as the RPi2.  I need to find a cable with a 3.5
>>> side in the configuration from the sleeve: video, ground, audio, audio.  I
>>> am pretty sure my cable has ground in the wrong place. I am going to check
>>> which ring is ground tonight. I was about to order a new cable, but no one
>>> lists their wiring diagrams.  Does anyone know of a particular brand of
>>> cable that works with the RPi2?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Kyle

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)