[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 16, Issue 29

Terry King terry at yourduino.com
Wed Sep 24 18:59:50 CDT 2014

Hi,
---------------------( COPY )---------------------
I'm starting to build a reflow solution and I've been researching solid
state relays.  There are some nice "brand name" relays on Digikey
(Panasonic, Omron, etc), but then there are a bunch of low-end
alternatives that are 1/3 the cost.  If you read reviews and look at
other reflow projects on the web they seem to do OK - but since we're
controlling main voltage I'm more than happy to spend more money for
some insurance against a disaster.

Could anyone comment on their personal experience with SSR devices?  I'm
looking at 25A and 40A
-----------------( END COPY )----------------------

DISCLAIMER: About to Mention stuff from my own shop... but I have had good
experience and no reported failures of SSRs like these:

http://yourduino.com/sunshop2/index.php?l=product_detail&p=348

Shenlan is a decent quality company and we deal directly with them.

Remember, ANY of these SSRs need a heatsink if run near their maximum
ratings.  If you have a decent size chassis as part of your system that
may be enough, with some heatsink compound.

Regards, Terry King
...In the Woods in Vermont USA
terry at yourduino.com

-The One who Dies with the most Parts LOSES. What do you need??