[TriEmbed] RPi & Port Expander Grounds

Jon Wolfe jonjwolfe at anibit.com
Wed Sep 17 13:02:12 CDT 2014

Also, be careful of ground loop, tie the ground lines together as close to the power sources as possible. I think none of the pi's I/o are 5v tolerant,  so make sure they are either open drain or level shifted.

The grounds should always be tied together. Otherwise you can run into very strange results.

Glen