[TriEmbed] Basic I2C Question

Adam Haile email at adamhaile.net
Thu Sep 11 07:50:17 CDT 2014

There's no need for them at all.
I2C only needs pull up resistors on the bus as a whole, NOT for each device.
Also, the Wire library in Arduino automatically enables the internal pullup
resistors when you call begin(). You can also do the same by setting a pin
as an input and then writing HIGH to it, but Wire takes care of it for you.

Sure, having extra won't help but you certainly don't need more than one
set.

For the RTC, check out the DS1337, it is the DS1307's big brother and
includes alarms. However, there are no alarm pins, you just have to poll
for if the alarm is "going off". But there is lots of code out there
already for the DS1337. If you need alarm interrupts, I'm not sure what to
use... nothing I'm familiar with that has separate alarm pins.