[TriEmbed] IBM Internet-of-Things Challenge meeting this Friday

Shane Trent shanedtrent at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:41:31 CST 2014

Hello,

I wanted to remind everyone about the IBM IoT Challenge. I thought this
might be of appeal to some members.

http://cloudmobilechallenge.mybluemix.net/

There was a meeting last Friday but it was mostly explaining the Internet
of Things and some of the things you can do. You did not miss anything
technical if you missed that meeting. The technical instruction starts with
the Labs this Friday from Noon until 4pm. I know there will be discussion
of the use of iBeacons. It looks like the most common end-points are BLE
devices that communicate via smart phone and then Arduino Yun, Raspberry Pi
and Beagle Bone boards.

I believe you will then have 3 weeks to build your app/widget following the
meeting this Friday.

Shane