[TriEmbed] raspberry pi wireless

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Sat Nov 1 14:32:01 CDT 2014

The TL-WN722N worked for me, but I gave it away and can't confirm that
it has the QSS button advertised on this model currently advertised on
the Intrex site. I never needed that button, am not sure if/how it plays
with RPI Linux, but for vanilla connections (such as to the NCSU "guest"
network during a Triembed meeting) and straight forward encrypted link
DHCP connections, etc, it worked well. The performance in terms of
sensitivity/range was very good. It sat in an RPI on my porch as the RPI
watched my bird feeder and fed live images to the house LAN where it had
to talk to the wireless router on the extreme opposite end of the house.
No problems. With x11vnc it makes for an extremely cost effective
standalone system.

-Pete