[TriEmbed] need short wireless breadboard jumpers

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 18:42:46 CDT 2014

Pete,
There are the flexible longer jumpers, like these:  (100pcs for $4, but ship out
of China)

I've got 50 to 70 of these I can just give to you.

I myself prefer the short solid-wire U-shaped versions, like these:  (140 pieces
for $3.20, ship from China)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140pcs-U-Shape-Solderless-Breadboard-Jumper-Cable-Wire-Kits-for-Arduino-MA-/111278737311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e8bac79f

I have resorted to making these from cut cat-5 cable pieces, though stripping
them right is a pain.  The easy trick I know is to strip about 4 inches of a
wire, cut the lengths you want, cut the corresponding insulation lengths, slide
the insulation back on, and bend over the ends, either using a rounded
needlenose, or one of these:
http://www.mtechnologies.com/tools/index.htm#bender

*http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/lead-bending-tool-p-29.html
*
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=106884
* http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/partsmenu/68-bender

Or better yet, print one:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26025

(imagine these are jumpers, not resistors...)

Off-Topic: for fancy wire bending jobs, I have one of these tools:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wire-Wrapping-Bending-Jig-Adjustable-Form-Wrap-Tool-Forming-Pins-/400698234642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d4b79d712

I use it for handrails for model ships, model trains, conduit on model
structures, and for fishing lures.

And it too can be printed.

Then there's these forming pliers I've used sometimes:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/STDRC-ball-pliers-diagonal-pliers-diagonal-pliers-to-bend-the-ball-head-clamp-model-aircraft-maintenance/1579135502.html

- sgh

--
Scott G. Hall