[TriEmbed] Fwd: Ignite registration open while tickets last!

Alan Wiggs alanwiggs at gmail.com
Tue May 6 12:56:20 CDT 2014

Hello,

Many in our group are independent thinkers and creators. I thought this
would be of interest.

   - *Grants, Fiscal Sponsorship & Crowdfunding*

R,
Alan Wiggs

    If you are having trouble viewing this message, see it in your
browser<http://clicks.skem1.com/preview/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996>
.

<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=76d3c94b8a83c93066f393129eb8307b&q=header_image&t=1>

<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=644433b7e79036d873fd4a696b1f6064&q=&t=1>
 *There
are only 150 spots available! Reserve yours now!*

*Registration to Ignite gets you access to a lot of cool doings:*

   - Your choice of *18* panel discussions, workshops & tours to enhance
   your professional skills and broaden your creative scope.
   - An inspiring keynote address from the founders of Atlanta's cool
   public art co-op,
Dashboard<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=f3b6cd8ff9f68097ddbf9b3dd93d3b48&q=&t=1>
   .
   - A design charrette facilitated by Designbox's Aly
Khalifa<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=7a8134c44b52a88ad060417315b00c48&q=&t=1>
   .
   - 8 cool warehouse district venues including VAE, CAM, Flanders Gallery,
   311 Studios, and HQ.
   - Two delicious  breakfasts.
   - Two scrumptious lunches.
   - A wine reception & networking opportunity.
   - And more surprise events!

*Click here to register
now!*<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=42ddd070c1a829dfb5c17f7530fabb77&q=&t=1>

<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=56d2125caa0b2f314bc64aa8775abad9&q=&t=1>
*Ignite has specialized sessions for different creative fields as well as
panels that bring the Triangle's creative people together.*

*Session topics include:*

   - *Creative Marketing for Creative People*
   - *Grants, Fiscal Sponsorship & Crowdfunding*
   - *Understanding Legal Contracts and Intellectual Property*
   - *Savvy Online Marketing*
   - *Applying for Film Festivals*
   - *PopUP Chorus*
   - *Getting a Music Gig (and Getting Invited Back) *
   - *Networking in Music – What’s in it for You? *
   - *Taxes for Creative Professionals*
   - *Eye-Catching Displays 101*
   - *Public Art & Interventions*
   - *Seting Heart Goals & Getting Unstuck *

 Visit *Ignite's website
<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=e072f667855a40a9ad3200bbaa5394bb&q=&t=1>
*for descriptions of the topics and speakers for each session. (Complete
schedule with times coming soon!)

<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=fb37567f508617a04756e05dc2247ab9&q=&t=1>
Thank you PNC for your support of VAE & the Triangle's creative community!

   Read More <#145c7fafef4b572e_>

<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=89925d91bad9cb9a8eb8ff8d752119bb&q=&t=1>
<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=5fe7d7dd0579e12de0c335147baad9ad&q=&t=1>

*Finally**, a professional conference designed for creative professionals
like you!*

We have taken our classic 'Business of Being an Artist' series and combined
it with the energy and inclusiveness of our SPARKcon creativity festival!
It's 30 years of VAE's top notch artist education programming meets the
unstoppable creative force that is SPARKcon! Whirl all that goodness up in
some kind of creativity Vitamix and -voila!- you get Ignite!

*Calling all visual artists, handmade artists, musicians + film makers!* Join
us on June 6 + 7 for this amazing conference to enhance the business side
of your creative career. We've got 18 educational panels, tons of
networking opportunities, and eight cool downtown venues to get you
inspired, empowered, and yes-- ignited!

Ignite is a two-day, multidisciplinary conference that gives visual
artists, craftspeople, musicians, and filmmakers professional education &
networking opportunities in a fun, energizing environment. Our goal is to
empower, engage, and enrich your career through:

   - *Educational Workshops & Panel Discussions.* Learn about marketing,
   grants, fundraising, online presence, public art, legal contracts, booking
   gigs, professional presentation, and more!
   -  *Interactive Breakout Sessions.* Try something new: tour studios to
   see how Raleigh artists and designers work; learn stretches that promote
   creativity; sing your heart out.
   - *Networking & team building.* Meet other creative professionals,
   enrich your network, solve problems, bedazzle.

<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=8b810db475a7dbc1881c24cc515059f5&q=&t=1>
*Ignite helps you grow your creative business. *

  Your typical 2-day professional conference costs between $500-$800.
*Ouch!* But because of generous sponsorship from PNC Bank, we are able to
offer Ignite registration at a fraction of that:

   - *VAE members & SPARKcon organizers: $100*
   - *General registration: $150*
   - *Student registration: $25*

These fees are flat fees covering both days. (We are not offering one-day
passes.) There are only 150 spots available, and at these prices they will
go FAST. Don't be left in the cold-- get ignited today!

 Online registration is fast and easy! Visit *Ignite's website
<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=956f957f56a1470e049ef273379d5d8e&q=&t=1>
*for more information on the conference and to register!

Don't like the internet? Come by the gallery (309 W. Martin St, Raleigh)
and we'll get you signed up in person!

<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=6740fa12240014bb348d79fc4559a6b6&q=&t=1>
*NCSU **rooms are available for Ignite attendees!*

  *Hey out-of-town guests!* Downtown Raleigh has several great hotel
options<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=33740d67f09592aa05406ef5f8b4209a&q=&t=1>withing
easy walking distance to the conference. In addition, VAE has
partnered up with NC State University to provide an affordable alternative
for those of us who don't need pools and room service. For $42.50 per
person, per night, you can rent a single bedroom within a shared apartment
at Wolf Ridge Apartment Complex, just 4.1 miles away from VAE and Ignite.
The rate includes the following amenities:

   - Deluxe linen package (2 flat sheets, 1 towel, 1 washcloth, blanket,
   pillow with pillowcase, soap, shampoo, conditioner)
   - Wired Internet IDs (1 per participant)
   - Ethernet cords (1 per participant). Cord to be returned to Conference
   Services upon checkout.
   - A fancy welcome basket

Rooms must be reserved (and paid for) through NCSU here:
http://housing.ncsu.edu/ignite-creativity-conference<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=f80f635e4e6c48e1356776d1fa7fcc0a&q=&t=1>

 <http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=d1411dcee07eed80ad51a0d334b51764&q=&t=1>

<http://clicks.skem1.com/trkr/?c=569&g=5046&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996&u=c47bc14386ad29431584da50c471f126&q=&t=1>
Visual Art Exchange is funded in part by the City of Raleigh based on
recommendations of the Raleigh Arts Commission. Visual Art Exchange is
supported by the United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County, with funds
from the United Arts Campaign and the North Carolina Arts Council, an
agency funded by the state of North Carolina and the National Endowment for
the Arts. This project was supported by the N.C. Arts Council, a division
of the Department of Cultural Resources, with funding from the National
Endowment for the Arts.

This message sent to *alanwiggs at gmail.com <alanwiggs at gmail.com>* by
*ignite at visualartexchange.org
<ignite at visualartexchange.org>*
Visual Art Exchange
309 W. Martin Street
Raleigh, NC 27601

You opted in to this list from: Public Signup Form (More
info<http://clicks.skem1.com/manage/about_list.php?g=5046&c=569&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996>
)
Manage
Your Subscription<http://clicks.skem1.com/manage/?g=5046&c=569&p=8f69ffa7508cb3b24ff4526a316ac996>|