[TriEmbed] Linux newbie advice

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 22:44:58 CDT 2014

Glen,

I have a BBB. The only difference between the two is that most people are
more familiar with Ubuntu, so it is just more intuitive to them, me
included. I haven't bothered changing the OS on the board myself, I just
work with it the way it is. You will also find that Angstrom is more
strongly supported and will be better supported at least as of now. If you
are new to the Linux world, as you seem to intimate, I don't think it will
really make a difference one way or another. MOF maybe a little more
difficult if you try to put Ubuntu on the BBB.

Carl

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Glen Smith <mrglenasmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to get started using my new BeagleBoneBlack, and am looking
> for a textbook to help out. Does anyone have any recommendations for Linux
> or BeagleBone?
>
> A quick web search hints that Angstrom is the officially supported
> version, but some people find it more difficult than Ubuntu. Any thoughts
> from folks who have been there done that?
>
> Glen

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)
carl.nobile at gmail.com