[TriEmbed] beware of Element14 Eagle libraries

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue Mar 25 16:07:42 CDT 2014

I got burned by an "SOT-23-3" component library item where two pads are
1.3mm apart in the PCB layout but in the real world the leads of this
component are 1.9mm apart. I'll be able to solder a sliver of wire wrap
wire in place and work around this, but it reminds me to do some sanity
checking of new component descriptions where the heritage of the library
doesn't give me warm fuzzies (as with the Sparkfun and Adafruit libraries).

The specific part is the BSS138BK out of the "NXP By element14 Batch 1"
Eagle library having an apparent creation date of 7/30/2012.