[TriEmbed] Tool to poke around PCI devices

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Tue Mar 11 07:40:06 CDT 2014

Last night at the meeting I mentioned that I had a tool for poking
around PCI devices. This is based off the venerable "devmem" tool.
Needless to say, it is open source under the GPL2 license. I wrote
this tool to aid in the writing of various Linux PCI driver modules
for custom FPGA cards that we develop at work.

== Overview ==
The pcimem application provides a simple method of reading and writing
to memory registers on a PCI card.

Usage: ./pcimem { sys file } { offset } [ type [ data ] ]
sys file: sysfs file for the pci resource to act on
offset  : offset into pci memory region to act upon
type    : access operation type : [b]yte, [h]alfword, [w]ord
data    : data to be written

https://github.com/billfarrow/pcimem

Bill