[TriEmbed] MOSFETs or Relays

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Thu Jun 26 13:49:36 CDT 2014

It now appears that MOSFETs are not going to work for my conveyor/railroad project.
The single solenoid in the turnout controls straight and turn; a common ground and two 12VDC terminals.
I can control one direction with the FET without any problem, but trying to set-up two FETS reduces
the voltage to the solenoid enough that it will not operate. I suppose I could add other solid-state devices
to overcome the issue, but I don't think it's worth it when two relays work so easily.

Not a failure - a learning experience.  At least I know how to work with N-Channel MOSFETS.

Brian

--
I will no longer use Mozilla/Firefox. I now use Opera Web Browser.