[TriEmbed] Fwd: Makerfaire booth space?

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Jun 9 14:22:42 CDT 2014

On 06/09/2014 01:25 PM, Josh Wyatt wrote:
> I think a dedicated space would be good for next year. The splatspace
> booth was truly EXTREMELY busy. My son loved the wireless cloud thing
> (and he's only 5!), and my daughter loved the pop-lock exhibit (she'll
> be 9 in July).

If you're close enough to Apex this November to attend the Apex HS
marching band carnival at the school, Josh and Joe will probably have
the poplocks thing ("Paper Poseables" <http://www.paperposeables.com/>)
set up there again (Joe volunteered Josh for it but I never had a chance
to talk to Josh). We'll also have squishy circuits
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDZo51k2BWQ> and a Makey Makey with
various forms of fruit connected to it as a "banana piano."
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3aSpDDOqmI> One thing I'm going to do
for sure this year is add a "cheater circuit" to the squishy circuits
gear so motors and buzzers and the like can be controlled properly
without just pulling everything to ground, albeit with an extra wire to
connect.  I'm of course thinking about a FET transistor with back EMF
protection. I have a plan for something much more interesting but want
to see if I can create a mockup (i.e. put the time in) before sharing
about that.

Here's the carnival web site, but they obviously haven't updated it with
anything but one instance of "2014": http://www.apexbandcarnival.com/
It's about 97% likely to be Saturday November 8th with a rain date of
the 15th.

-Pete