[TriEmbed] An interesting company devoted to chip reverse engineering

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Jun 9 10:37:49 CDT 2014

(Looking forward to seeing folks at the meeting tonight: Engineering
Building *ONE*, room 1007 @7pm)

I find it refreshing to see reality spelled out clearly like this. Those
of us getting padded envelopes with very amusing customs declarations
from Shenzhen need to realize we're trading in a market that is a lot
closer to black than white in some cases. This subject relates well to
the recent discussion of radio modem boards as they relate to
inconvenient truths like FCC regulations. It would be worthwhile to dig
up the legal and quasi-legal rationales for various US-based vendors
like LowPowerLab selling boards that *in the wrong circumstances* can
separate the board's user from large quantities of money via FCC fines.

-Pete