[TriEmbed] PCB Autorouter Options

Adam Haile email at adamhaile.net
Sat Jul 26 18:51:15 CDT 2014

I've been using Kicad for a while now and generally used FreeRouting.net
(which is linked to directly in KiCad) for at least a first pass at routing
my boards (purists, complain all you want... I'm lazy). But when I went to
route a board today I found out that FreeRouting.net was no more...well,
sort of. It was a Java WebStart app and apparently tightening Java security
is making it more and more difficult to run on newer systems... plus it
hasn't really been updated in about 4 years. So the author unceremoniously
took it down.

I was able to find a modified version that could run offline, but it got me
thinking that a replacement was probably in order. Does anyone know if a
decent alternative that can import the Specctra DSN files that are output
by Kicad? I'm willing to pay a little but free/open source would be much
preferred.