[TriEmbed] TriEmbed @ NCSU Monday January 13th @ 7pm (different room/building)

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 15:56:44 CST 2014

Yes, tonight's IEEE Robotics and Automation / TAR meeting is *still* on for
tonight...

https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/meeting_view/list_meeting/22175

Ignore the part about signing up for tonight - even if the registration is
closed, you are welcome to join us.

Tonight's we will have a great presentation by Grayson Randall who led the
Insight Racing team in the DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects
Agency) Grand Challenge series of races. Insight Racing’s last entry was a
computer driven Lotus Elise which was developed in conjunction with NC
State University. The Elise would drive through city traffic without remote
control or any human intervention whatsoever. Mr. Randall will discuss how
the team was put together and review the architecture of the autonomous
vehicle.

  www.insightracing.org <http://www.insightracing.org%20>

Mr. Randall also wants to discuss a large group project to develop a
life-like humanoid robot that can interact with a natural language
interface. Many aspects of this projects will be described and discussed.
He is looking for participation from the chapter members.

So throw on another coat, wrap up tight, and drop in to see us - pizza and
drinks are served at 6-7pm, with the talk at 7-8pm.

Tonight will also be our first monthly robotics meeting - so come out to
watch the entries follow the wall around the room tonight.