[TriEmbed] Anibit.com - My side business.

Jon Wolfe jonjwolfe at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 21:14:20 CST 2014

After clearing all the approval processes from the wife, the day job, the NC department of revenue, and last but not least, Paul and Pete, I can make a shameless plug for my side business on the Triembed forums.

I'm starting up a website and a business in the Hobby Electronics / Maker fields. I had asked last week about being able to bring things to the meetings so that people can avoid paying for shipping or having to buy things in large quantities.

I have a lot of projects in R&D, but to start things off, I'm doing some reselling. I'm an Adafruit distributor, and I'm working on some other partnerships.

In addition to selling stuff, I want to try and have [yet another] cool place on the Internet for makers to showcase or read about what others have done. I have setup forums, and I plan to add tutorials and tools over time. I'm not terribly experienced with website development, and I've spent far more time than I would have liked in the past year trying to bend the website to my will, so I rely on Drupal for a lot or it. I've got some interactive html5/javascript tools and utilities in the works too.

In case you missed it in the subject line, my site is https://anibit.com

I want to stock the kinds of things that people want, so if there is something you have on a wish list, let me know. If you create an account, you can send me a note and I'll flag the account as a "local". For now that means there is a "local pickup" option for shipping. If you run a meeting and are interested in having me there, let me know! I can't promise I can make everything, I'm a dad with a working wife in grad school, and I have Drupal to content with, but I will do my best to accommodate the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area. I'm only accepting paypal on the site right now, but I'll have the ability to take credit cards in person. My inventory is small enough that I can bring representative selection wherever.

Also, if anyone has an interest in have their own specialized forum or content on the site, let me know. It's not the fastest site, I'm paying for the low end hosting at first, but for now it gets the job done.

I'm more of an engineer type than a "sales" type, so I won't be showing up to meetings making pitches (especially on NCSU grounds :) ), and I wont be spamming this list with marketing[other than this one! ], I just wanted to get the word out.

Thanks for your time,

Jon Wolfe