[TriEmbed] Group LED Buy

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 11:27:14 CST 2014

I am definitely interested in putting up some outside - around the inside
top of my front cover (so outside, but out of any direct rain), around the
inside top of our screened in porch (also outside, but outside of direct
rain), and then around the deck railing (outside, and in direct rain
potential).

I only want to put up a single strand and will use it more for low level
ambient mood lighting, so I will not be doing any fast color changes.

Of course, I am looking for the cheapest possible that meets my needs, so I
was hoping for some advice from those that have used these outside before.
The WS2812 IP67 sound ideal (IP68 would be even better for the deck
railing, but is this really needed?).

I see the TW5050RGB30T-2811-12V for $5.30/meter which is an excellent price
- will that work for me, or does anyone recommend a different product?  I
have not gotten out and measured it, but possibly 30 meters is needed (I
will get exact measurements once I determine which kind to buy, and cost
per meter, as I may end up adding or subtracting from this depending on
total cost).

Also how long will these last - I would hate to go through the cost, and
trouble, only to find out they are tearing down 1-2 years later from
exposure to the elements.

Thanx,
Rodney