[TriEmbed] Question For Meeting Tonight

Jeff Highsmith jeff at jeffhighsmith.com
Mon Aug 11 09:33:53 CDT 2014

Brian,

I propose for consideration a third option, power the MCP23017 from the 5V rail and use an i2c-safe level converter ( https://www.adafruit.com/products/757 ) to connect your Pi to the i2c bus. This would scale well, if needed, as you could keep hooking up more MCP23017 chips to the 5V i2c bus.

Don't forget to connect the grounds of your 5V and 3V3 buses together.

Jeff :)