[TriEmbed] Camera Advice

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 05:47:48 CDT 2014

Ted, a couple comments on your first post.

Have you tried using the RPi camera?  I tried a couple of webcams and was
unhappy with them on the RPi - either the resolution was not good enough,
or the data stream was too high for the PI's USB bus.  The RPi camera
really works great and you should definitely give that a try.

As for the power being too much for a solar cell, I have an RPi now that is
solar powered and it is working fine for me.  You just need to have the
solar cell first charge a batter and then run the RPi from the battery.
 This allows you to work through periods of no/low sun and changes the
requirement to having a solar cell whose average power exceeds that of the
RPi (plus the loss to battery and charger).