[TriEmbed] TriEmbed meeting (& itty bitty Basic implementations)

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Sep 9 10:04:47 CDT 2013

On 09/09/2013 10:41 AM, Charles West wrote in a behind the scenes
logistics msg:
> I am also bringing my Arduino (simple) laser data transmission demo
> (hello world with a laser pointer).  It got splashed with salt water,
> but I rinsed it off and hopefully it can still work.

I think it's worthwhile for the group to see this to help us get pumped.

If somebody has a Parallax Homework board or whatever the Radioshack
equivalent is called perhaps they could show it to Brian, and folks in
the know could share how far he can get with something like this without
a Windows dependency.

And if somebody has played with Basic on Arduino, that might be fun too.
Here's a pointer to one implementation:
http://hackaday.com/2012/05/01/arduino-basic-interpreter-using-lcd-keyboard-and-sd/

One breakout group might find it fun to discuss "Raspberry Pi
competition" (and whether those boards are really, in fact in
competition with RPi. I contend that the others are out to make money:
the RP foundation effort is not primarily about money).

See yas,
Pete
919 270 9433