[TriEmbed] Trail Traffic Counter Update and Lessons Learned

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Tue Nov 26 15:02:28 CST 2013

Hi Chip,
I was suggesting the use of an accelerometer at the last meeting. Some
of these devices have are programmable to wake up the microcontroller
when there is a knock/tap. I was thinking that the entire board,
including the accelerometer, could be built into a strip of wood or
plastic that the riders would go over.

The MMA7361 accelerometer dev board is available on ebay for under $3.
For production, these SMD chips are around $1 each.

Why did you switch from the DS1307 RTC ? Was it just to consolidate
buses ? I would reconsider this if I were you.

Bill